In this article, we will tell you about; how to change your twitch name? If you are a Twitch user and play games on it. You must have a username for it. We all try to have the coolest nicknames as our usernames. Sometimes we find a better username than the previous one, so we want to change our username.
But we are not able to do that because we do not know how to do it. But do not worry, you can change your username on and we will surely help you do that. Before we tell you about; how to change your twitch name? First, let’s talk about Twitch.
What is Twitch?
Twitch is an American live video streaming service. It focuses on live gaming mainly but it also lets its users broadcast their own live videos. Twitch is also used for e-sports events on which players stream their games online and compete with each other.
It also offers live music broadcast, creative content and mainly “real life streaming”. Twitch is the world’s leading game live streaming platform.
Twitch is a large platform that offers live commentary, talk shows, sporting events, gaming conventions and most importantly, live gameplay. It lets fans connect with the streamers. They can also donate and support the streamers by sending them money. It has millions of users around the world.
Twitch lets the streamers make money, so it also provides you with a money-making opportunity. It lets users watch live streams of their own taste. They can watch videos of their choice. It also does not let the threatening languages and sexually explicit content on its website. But it does allow game violence and nudity and due to it, hate comments and cyberbullying crops up.
How to Change Your Twitch Name?
If you are a Twitch user and you are looking to change your username then do not worry, we got you. We will solve your issue and you will be able to change your twitch username easily afterwards. So in order to do that, you have to follow all the instructions that we are about to give you in the section below.
On your desktop, click and go to Google Chrome browser.
On the search bar, type in “Twitch” and press Enter. It will open the official Twitch website in front of you.
Open the link that says “https://www.twitch.tv/”. You can also tap on this link to go straight to the Twitch website.
The app home screen will appear in front of you. You will have to log in to your Twitch account. The Login option is available on the top right corner of the window beside “Signup”.
If you do not have a Twitch account, then you can go to the signup option and fill in all the wanted entries.
If you have a Twitch account, then enter your username and password to log in.
If you have extra security turned on, then it will send a message or email according to what you provided to confirm that it is you who wants to log in, it is a good job done by Twitch to secure your account.
Enter the token code, submit and you will be logged in to your account successfully.
Click on the profile tab which is located at the top right corner of your Twitch window.
Scroll down to see the “Username” tab. You also have a display name option that displays your username but remember that your username can not be changed by the “Display name” option, it can only be capitalized or uncapitalized.
In the username though, you can move your cursor to the empty space and write your username on it. Update the new name and then check out your profile, Your username will be changed surely.
If you face problems
Sometimes due to some unknown reasons, you are not able to change your username, if you are suffering from this issue, do not worry we will fix your problem. Just follow the instructions in the section below.
- Go to Twitch help support.
- First you will have to log in to your account by providing your username and password.
- When you log in, your twitch screen will change and start showing your profile on the top.
- In the category section, choose “account & login issue”.
- After that, open the subcategory and choose the “Changing username” option.
- Go down and write down your problem in the “Subject” tab. In your case, we have a username problem so we will write “Can not change username”.
- You will see a description box under the subject box. Write a brief explanation of your problem.
- Under that, choose the platform on which you are using twitch, so whichever platform you are using, choose it from the options given below.
- You can upload a screenshot of the problem you are facing in the “Upload files” option, but it is not compulsory and you can leave it too if you want.
- Confirm the “I am not a robot” captcha and submit. Twitch will hopefully solve your issue and you will be able to change your username again.
So guys that were it! We hope you got everything there is to know about; how to change your twitch name? We explained the way of changing usernames as well as showed you how you can apply for help if you are not able to change your username.
Tell us your favorite Twitch live streamer in the comment section, We would love to hear your say.